OPTION 2.2 : BRONZE MEDALLION (BM 2) Full Camp
Intensive Camp – December 2023
For any members 15 years old or more wishing to gain Bronze Medallion. From the 2023/24 BM Expression of Interest responses, your eligibility for either Full course or Bridging course will be determined and you will be emailed the correct registration package. Any questions please contact email@example.com
“Bronze Medallion Camp” will be at the Coastal Forest Lodge camp (CFL), Forest Rd, Bellbrae. Aquatic work will take place at Jan Juc beach.
Please read the full details in the Bronze Medallion (BM 2) Information & Registration package (coming soon). To secure a place on this course, ALL of the following are required by Thursday December 7. Registrations will close once all places are filled
Option 2.2: Full Bronze Medallion (BM 2) course
Full Bronze Medallion Course is for new members or those returning after a gap or 60 months or more in BM requalification. This is a 7 Day camp;
- Saturday December 16 & Sunday December 17 day classes at Jan Juc SLSC, and
- Monday December 18 – Friday December 22 and covers a team building day on the Friday (includes 4 nights sleepover at Bellbrae Camp and coincides with the SRC to BM Transition Program) and runs 39.5 hours (plus eLearning).
NB: The BM 2 course assessment is planned to finish on Thursday 21 December
- Be 15 years old before you can undertake an assessment, and the assessment day must be no more than 60 days after the completion of the course.
- Swim 400m in 9 minutes or less
1. Complete your 2023-2024 Membership
2. Submit the online Jan Juc BM 2 Registration Online (TBA)
3. Pay the full $500 course fees via your Online Payment Gateway SLSA Members Area account.
4. Complete the course enrolment LSV Member Training Portal.
5. As Life Saving Operations are part of Emergency Services, it is recommended that you are fully vaccinated.
The following MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 9:
· A completed BM Prerequisite Timed Swim (paper form on last page of Registration Pack).
As part of the Bronze Medallion all candidates are required to achieve a prerequisite TIMED swim of 400m in 9 minutes or less, prior to the Bronze Medallion Course. This must be witnessed and signed by a qualified Pool Lifeguard, AUSTSwim Teacher or LSV Assessor.